7th Pay Commission for Post Master / Mail Guard, Postman Salary, Pay Scale, Grade Pay, Allowances, Perks | Postmaster Grade Pay, Pay Scale, Salary, Allowances, Perks
Indian Postal Service (Department of Post) is one of the largest government organizations in India. There is a huge number of employees working under the Indian Postal Service. One of the most prominent posts in the post of Postman/Mail Guard and Post Master. Here in this content, you will get to know about the PayScale details of Postman and Post Master working under the Indian Postal Service. Along with the basic salary, they also get some allowances and facilities from the government on a monthly basis.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post MasterPay Scale
comes under Postman or Mail Guard Pay Band-1, Basic Pay of Post Master starts from Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 20, 200/- per month.
- An entry level postmaster draws a monthly basic pay scale of Rs. 3200/- and it increases to Rs. 4900/- per month based on experience and skill.
- Pay scale to TBOP Postman Salary starts from Rs. 4000/- to Rs. 6000/- per month.
- BCR level postman will get the basic pay scale of Rs. 4500/- which increases to Rs. 7000/- per month.
Postmaster holds a higher rank than postman or mail guard. There are two grades of Post Master. The basic pay scale for Post Master has been fixed on the basis of grades. Post-Master Grade-II comes under Pay Band 2. The Limit of the pay scale for PB-2 is Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34, 800/- per month.
- Grade-2 Post Master Basic Pay Scale Rs. 5000/- to Rs. 8000/- per month.
- Grade-1 Post Master comes under Pay Band-1 like Post Man. But apparently they hold a higher rank than the postman/mail guard. The basic pay scale of Post Master Grade-1 starts from Rs. 4500/- to Rs. 7000/- per month.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Grade PayPostman
The scale along withBasic and Post Masters also get grade pay.
- Postman or Mail Guard Grade Pay Rs. 2000/- per month for Starting level postman.
- Grade Pay for TBOP level postman is Rs. 2400/- per month.
- At the end of BCR level postman or mail guard the grade pay they will get is Rs. 2800/- per month.
The grade for Post Master also varies depending on the different gradation.
- Grade-1 Post Master will get Rs. grade pay of Rs. 2800/- per month.
- Grade-2 Post Masters get a grade pay of Rs. 4200/- per month.
Post Master/Mail Guard, Postman Salary
- Postmaster (Admission) Salary Rs. 5200/- to Rs. 6900/- per month
- Salary of a Postmaster (TBOP) is Rs. 6400/- to 8400/- per month
- The salary of a Postmaster (BCR) is Rs. 7300/- to Rs. 9800/- per month.
- Grade-I Post Master will get Rs. gets salary. 7300/- to Rs. 9800/- per month
- to Post Master of Grade – II Rs. gets salary. 9200/- to 12, 200/- per month.
Postman/Mail Guard, Post Master Allowance
Postman/Mail Guard during his service are:
- Dearness Allowance
- Housing Rent Allowance
- Traveling Allowance
- pensionable after retirement Thus,
Basic allowances the basic allowances drawn to the Post Master along with his pay are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance
- Accommodation Rent Allowance
- Pension Post Retirement
- Postman / Mail Guard, Post Master Facility
Before7th TravelingPay Commission, a postman was having a minimum salary of Rs. 5200/- which increases to Rs. 9800/- per month plus allowances. As per the recommendation of7th CPC, Pay under Pay Band- 1 will increase by Rs. 29, 730/- (average) at the entry-level.
For Postmaster Grade-1, they will also get an increase in pay and will reach up to Rs. 29, 730/- – 1. Same for Grade – 2 Post Masters. These figures are approximate salaries only.
- Post Master/Postman/Mail Guard, Pay Scale – Quick Review
|Post||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|Postman (BCR)||4500/- 7000 //||2800/-|